Preparation 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups HERSHEY’S Syrup*
- MINT CREAM CENTER (recipe follows)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
* One 16-oz. can HERSHEY’S Syrup contains 1-1/2 cups syrup.
- 1 Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs and syrup in large bowl; beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread MINT CREAM CENTER on cake. Cover; refrigerate. Pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE over chilled dessert. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. About 12 servings.
Mint Cream Center:
- Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe (OR 1 tablespoon water plus 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon mint extract and 3 drops green food color may be substituted for creme de menthe) in medium bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter or margarine and 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in small saucepan over very low heat.
- Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
Chocolate Mint Triangles:
- Cut dessert into about twelve 3-inch squares; cut each square diagonally into halves. About 24 triangles.
Double Chocolate Mint Dessert:
- HERSHEY’S Mint Chocolate Chips may be substituted for HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Omit creme de menthe in MINT CREAM CENTER.
The recipe can be found here!