Preparation 20 minutes
- 1 log (16.5 oz.) refrigerated sugar-cookie dough*
- 15 chocolate-mint wafers or cookies
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts or pecans
*If you freeze the log overnight, it’s easier to cut into neat pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease large cookie sheet.
- Cut cookie log crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (you should get 30 slices).
- Place some cookie slices, 3 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheet (cookies will spread a lot).
- Place a mint wafer in the center of each cookie; top with a second cookie.
- Brush top of cookies with some egg; sprinkle with some nuts.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining cookie slices, mints, and nuts.
- Store cookies in tightly sealed container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months.
The recipe can be found here!